How we look out for our vulnerable customers.
As we know, life is full of unexpected events and surprises – not all of them good. Here at Penberthy Insurance, we’re ready to help especially when one of those unexpected events ever happen.
We value our clients trust. With that in mind we work to ensure that our customers feel confident that they will be treated with sensitivity, respect and compassion. That’s why we’ll always provide you with certainty and support when you need it most. It’s just part of our wider commitment to deliver an outstanding service to our customers.
Who may be a vulnerable client?
A vulnerable client is someone who due to their personal circumstances, whether temporary or permanent, requires extra care, support or protection to ensure that they are not disadvantaged in any way.
If you’re experiencing vulnerability, it might mean that that you are at a higher risk of:
- misunderstanding information;
- choosing products that aren’t suited;
- experiencing disadvantage or negative outcomes;
What we do to help.
Whether it’s a life event, or just making a claim – we get that it can sometimes feel stressful. We promise to do our best to identify the signs and consequences of customer vulnerability.
We’ll do this by:
- treating all customers as individuals with respect;
- being empathetic and listening;
- being accessible and having several communication options available;
- communicating in ways that are clear, accessible and easy to understand;
- directing customers to external support services where appropriate.
Industry Code of Conduct.
As a member of the Financial Services Council (FSC) we also are committed to complying with the FSC Code of Conduct.